Anyone still looking for closure on the death of Heath Ledger can now finally put their minds at ease. New York City medical examiners have ruled that the cause of death was an accidental overdose on prescription pills — no foul play or illegal drugs were involved in anyway. It was a lethal combination of “the painkiller OxyContin, the anti-anxiety drugs Valium and Xanax, and the sleep aids Restoril and Unisom” that did him in.
Ledger’s father released the following statement: “While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath’s accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage.” In retrospect it seems like such a tragic way for anyone to go, and despite what the tabloids say, there was nothing sensational about it at all. Now let’s move on and allow the man to rest in peace, shall we?